There is a new bunch of tech guys and gals on the life insurance block, who are looking to shake things up, with products that are relevant and affordable. Simply (which stands for life insurance simply-fied) offers cool benefit combos that provide life, disability and funeral insurance products in one policy. Their sign-up process is quick and easy to understand and gets you covered instantly.
In this blog post we are going to look at the Simply Family Combo offer in more detail:
- Life Cover
You can select an amount of life cover (up to the maximum of R1 500 000) which will be paid as a lump sum to your beneficiaries when you die. There is also a grocery benefit included which pays an additional R500 cash per month for 6 months.
- Disability Cover
Just like the life cover benefit, you can select an amount of disability cover (up to the maximum of R1 500 000) which will be paid to you as a lump-sum if you become severely and permanently disabled.
- Funeral Cover
You can select an amount of cover (up to the maximum of R50 000) which will be paid if you or any of your family members, covered under the policy, die. Who can you cover under this benefit? You can cover yourself, your spouse, and up to five children under the age of 21. The benefit pays out within 24 hours of receiving all the necessary claim information.
You can choose one of their pre-selected packages which combines all 3 of these benefits, or you can customise, by removing one or more benefits and/or adjusting the cover to exactly suit your needs.
Here are 10 things we specifically like about these products:
- No blood tests required
- You are covered immediately (accidental cover at a minimum).
- You can get an online quote in 10 seconds.
- You can take out a policy online in 10 minutes, or over the phone, with an authorised agent.
- You get a 10% premium discount if you take the policy out online.
- If you choose the Simply Cash Back option (which is an additional premium), you will receive 50% of your premiums back every 5 years, provided you have paid all your premiums and haven’t claimed.
- The funeral benefit has a neat body repatriation service, which covers the cost of transporting the deceased’s body to the place of burial (within South Africa only), and provides other funeral support services (up to a limit of R15 000 in value per policy per year).
- The policy wording is really easy to understand. Download an example
- Simply products are underwritten by OMART, who are a registered long-term insurance company in the Old Mutual Group. So, Simply has the backing of the big boys in SA insurance.
- If you refer a friend you can earn cash (twice the premium)
Interested in getting a call back from the guys at Simply?
Until next time.
The InsuranceFundi Team