As we all know, having a car in South Africa is almost a necessity.
The issue with having a car is that although it is an asset, it is a depreciating one. On average cars depreciate by 20% as soon as you drive them off the showroom floor. With this in mind, what do you think will happen to the value of your vehicle if it picks up a host of scratches and dents? Our cars are exposed to countless hazards on the road every day that could result in damages. Things like trollies, opening car doors in parking lots, or an unseen pole while reversing can all leave their mark on your prized possession.
The good news is that as easy as these damages are to come by, they’re just as easily taken care of with Scratch and Dent from Bidvest Insurance – not only keeping your car looking as good as new but also maintaining your investment while protecting your wallet. Even if you have an old car, it’s still in your best interest to maintain and look after it’s resale value.
Before we go through the Scratch & Dent Cover though, we’d like to give you some tips on how you can keep your car looking great.
- Wash your car with the right cleaning products, don’t just use any cheap chemicals.
- Avoid tight parking bays – you will reduce the likelihood of someone bumping your car.
- Park undercover whenever possible – the sun and other weather conditions gradually do damage to the body of your car.
- Make sure you keep a safe distance from other cars when driving – again reducing your risk of going into the back of someone should they slam on their brakes.
- Sort out scratches and dents as soon as possible before they become rusted disasters.
Why choose Bidvest Insurance?
Bidvest Insurance provides Scratch & Dent insurance that will help you keep your car in the best condition possible by providing cover against all those unavoidable scratches and dents.
- Helps improve the resale value of your vehicle
- Helps protect your no claims bonus and cash back rewards
- Keeps your vehicle as new as when you bought it
- No excess payable on any claims
- Month to month cover
What does the policy cover?
- Light scratches
- Minor damage and dents
- Windscreen damage
- Wheel rims
- Road tar removal
- Car hire benefit
- Number plate damage
- Minor Hail damage
With valuable protection from Bidvest Insurance you can keep your car looking as perfect as the day you first bought it.
The policy is separate from your comprehensive motor insurance policy which means when you claim, it won’t affect your no-claims bonus or cash-back rewards.
Enjoy some peace of mind with Bidvest Insurance and keep your car in tip-top condition!