In part twenty three of this series we looked at the Classic Core plan. Now we look at its cheaper cousin – the Classic Delta Core plan.
The difference between Core plans and the rest
I think if you had to boil it down to one major difference, it has to do with the medical savings account and above threshold benefits.
- The Executive plan has no self-payment gap and an unlimited above threshold benefit
- The Comprehensive range has a self-payment gap and an unlimited above threshold benefit
- The Priority range has a self-payment gap and a limited above threshold benefit
- The Saver range has no above threshold benefit but a day-to-day savings benefit
- The Core range only pays for chronic medications and hospital
The Classic Delta Core Plan
This plan – like the Classic Core – offers 200% of the DHR for in-hospital treatment by medical professionals.
The difference between the two boils down to your choice of hospital. With the Classic Saver option you may use a private hospital of your choice. On the Delta Saver plan, you must use one of the Delta networked hospitals or else pay R7, 100 upfront at the hospital of your choice.
Let’s start off with the cost:
- Main member – R1, 535 monthly
- Adult dependants – R1, 209 per adult
- Children – R612 per child (A maximum of three children are charged for)
Here’s how the cost compares to Classic Smart:
|Classic Smart||Classic Delta Core||Difference|
|Main member||R1, 535||R1, 535||R0|
|Discovery Health Rate||200%||200%|
|Choice of Private Hospital||Smart plan hospital only||Delta hospital only|
|Sports Related Injuries||R100|
You can find our Discovery Health 2017 pillar articles by clicking on the links below:
- Part one – ***Discovery Health in a nutshell***
- Part two – ***Where does KeyCare fit in?***
- Part three – ***The Executive plan***
- Part four – ***The Comprehensive range***
- Part ten – ***The Priority range***
- Part thirteen – ***The Saver range***
- Part nineteen – ***The Smart plan range***
- Part twenty two – ***The Core plan range***
If you’d like to drill down in more detail, here are the links to each and every plan:
- Part five – The Classic Comprehensive plan
- Part six – The Classic Delta Comprehensive plan
- Part seven – The Classic Comprehensive Zero MSA plan
- Part eight – The Essential Comprehensive plan
- Part nine – The Essential Delta Comprehensive plan
- Part eleven – The Classic Priority plan
- Part twelve – The Essential Priority plan
- Part fourteen – The Classic Saver plan
- Part fifteen – The Classic Delta Saver plan
- Part sixteen – The Essential plan
- Part seventeen – The Essential Delta Saver plan
- Part eighteen – The Coastal Saver plan
- Part twenty – The Classic Smart plan
- Part twenty one – The Essential Smart plan
- Part twenty three – The Classic Core plan
Do you need help with your medical aid? Leave your details below.
Until next time.
The InsuranceFundi Team