South Africans have been through some tough financial times recently, so it’s always good to know that you can take out a funeral cover product with the possibility of getting some of your hard-earned money back.
With Hollard’s Funeral Cover, you can get between R10 000 & R75 000 cover for you, your spouse, a maximum of 4 parents, 6 extended family members, and up to 10 children. You need to be between the ages of 18 & 75 to take out this cover.
As an example, let’s say you are 38 years of age, you can get R75 000 standard funeral cover for as little as R156/month. Now you may be asking what the benefits of this product are. Well, let’s take you through all of them.
Burial repatriation benefit – This allows for transportation of policyholders to the funeral home that is closest to their place of rest. It also covers all lives insured under the policy.
Airtime benefit – This provides a R250 airtime voucher when each insured person passes away. There is no waiting period.
Legal assistance service – For guidance to make a smooth transition through the tough times, we also offer telephonic legal advice.
- Paid-up benefit – This is only available on the Elite package and it allows you to stop paying your funeral premiums when you reach the age of 65. You can also cover your partner under this benefit.
- Memorial benefit – This pays up to R10 000 for you, as the policyholder, and partner for expenses related to the tombstone unveiling.
- Monthly provider benefit – This benefit pays out a cash benefit of up to R2000 to a beneficiary of your choice for 12 months after you or your partner pass on.
- Moneyback benefit – As a policyholder, you’ll receive a lump sum amount of 20% of premiums, after every 5 years, as long as your policy has been in place for a continuous period of 5 years at the time that the pay-out is due, and all premiums have been received.
- Premium waiver benefit – Get peace of mind that if the policyholder passes away, everyone on the policy remains covered until the policyholder would have been 65 years old, or until your benefit ends – no premiums needed.
- Premium holiday benefit – Skip your December premium payment after the first policy anniversary, so you can live a little more.
- Vehicle access benefit – Having a car is important, especially during tough times. This gives you a car to assist with burial arrangements for 6 days if you, the policyholder, your partner, or your children pass away.
Why would you take out any other funeral cover product when you can actually get something back with Hollard Funeral Cover?
If you would like a quick, obligation-free quote from Hollard, simply submit your details below OR contact us on our WhatsApp Business line by clicking here.
Disclaimer: None of the above should be considered as financial advice. If you need financial advice, please contact an independent financial advisor.
Hollard Life Assurance Company Limited (Reg No. 1993/001405/06), a Licensed Life Insurer and an authorised Financial Services Provider. Terms and Conditions. Std rates apply.